10.09.2009

Scatter or Gather?

Readings for Friday October 9, 2009

First Reading: Joel 1:13-15,2:1-2
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 9
Gospel: Luke 11:15-26


Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. (Lk 11:23)

Have you ever tried cleaning a room with a child? Many times you will find yourself doing the cleaning part, while they proceed to pull out more toys to play with. It becomes a frustrating and counterproductive effort. Here you are trying to gather things up, while this child is doing nothing but scattering.

I wonder if God feels this same frustration with us. While I am sure that many of us try to be good faithful servants, there are probably times where we find ourselves like the little kid and scattering instead of gathering. It is so important that we make sure that the things that we are doing are in line with what Christ teaches us. We must make sure that while on the earth we are working to serve the Lord by being obedient and doing His will, following His commandments, and living out our true purpose. We must remember that if we are not with God, then we are against Him; and I don't know about you, but that I do not ever want to be against God.

As Saint Paul says; "When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things." (1 Cor 13:11) Let us not be like children who seek to mess things up and scatter, but rather be good faith servants who follow Christ and gather.

Father above, we thank you and praise you for the gift of this day. Lord you alone are good and merciful to us. Lord, help us to see your will for us, help us to be focused on our purpose in this life and to never be working against you. Lord, we pray that your will be done in our lives and in the whole world. We pray for all of our priests and religious, that they may be strengthened in their ministries and in the vows. We ask this all through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Lighthouse Catholic Media CD of the Month Club

CDMC