7.14.2011

Come to Him

Readings for Thursday July 14, 2011

Memorial of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, virgin

First Reading: Exodus 13:13-20
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 105
Gospel: Matthew 11:28-30


Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." (Mt 11:28-30)

I always enjoy reading today's gospel, because each time I do, I can feel Christ's compassion and love for us. He knows full well that this world has the ability to beat us down and just drain the life out of us, but His words tell us to come to Him during those times. So many of us are burdened, and it is Christ who wants to give us rest. He doesn't want us struggling and just trying to survive in this world, He wants us to learn from Him, to take His yoke and accept what He gives for free.

Take some time today and really reflect on this passage. What does this mean to you? Are you one of the burdened who needs to come to Jesus?

At any time, no matter what, the best thing we can always do is just come to Him.

Father above, we thank you and praise you for the gift of this day. Lord, thank you for all your have blessed us with. God, your love and mercy are more than we deserve, thank you for giving us all that you offer. Help us never to take this life for granted. We ask this all through Christ our Lord. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. i liked your reflection, may the good bless you.
    fr. k p peter sj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post.I like your blog very much.I will share it with my friends.Thank you for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post.I like your blog very much and I will be share it with my friends.Thank you for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Lighthouse Catholic Media CD of the Month Club

CDMC