12.21.2008

God never forgets

Readings for Monday December 22, 2008

First Reading: 1 Samuel 1:24-28
Responsorial Psalm: 1 Samuel 2:1
Gospel: Luke 1:46-56


There is an old saying that states "an elephant never forgets." While I do not know any elephants personally, nor am I an expert of elephant neurology, I do believe that God has endowed these animals with a certain type intellect that allows them to remember important things vital to their survival. While I am not really sure whether elephants do or do not forget things, one thing that I do know for sure is that "God never forgets."

Most of us have been through tough times in our lives, and have experienced some things that we thought that we never could make it through. And in these times, I am sure that we have felt as though God is not listening to us, and that He has forgotten us. However, we made it through those trials and tribulations and can live to tell about it today. Most of the time we even begin to see the blessings in disguise that come out of these situations. During good times and bad, we must realize that God is and has always been there, He knows you and He knows exactly where you are ... God never forgets.

Today let us remember the words spoken by our Blessed Mother in today's gospel reading: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. for he has looked upon his lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is his Name. He has mercy on those who fear him in every generation. He has shown the strength of his arm, and has scattered the proud in their conceit. He has cast down the mighty from their thrones and has lifted up the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. He has come to the help of his servant Israel for he remembered his promise of mercy, the promise he made to our fathers, to Abraham and his children for ever.”

Father above, we thank you for the gift of this day. Help us to stay strong in being humble servants of you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Lighthouse Catholic Media CD of the Month Club

CDMC