5.06.2009

The Light

Readings for Wednesday May 6, 2009

First Reading:  Acts 12:24-13:5
Responsorial Psalm:  Psalm 67
Gospel:  John 12:44-50


"I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness."  (John 12:46)

Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night when it is completely dark only to find yourself lost and disoriented?  Being in the dark is a very frustrating and sometimes painful experience.  Now, God gave us amazing body parts when He created us; however, I do not think the purpose of our toes or shins is to find furniture when are trying to find our way around in the dark.  Being in the dark can be very frustrating because you do not know where things are, where you are going, or who is even there.  

Being in the dark is not only frustrating and painful physically, but spiritually as well.  When I look back on my past and how many years I spent away from God, I realized that I was in spiritual darkness.  I didn't know where I was going, I didn't even know that Jesus was right there waiting to pick me up and carry me through my life.  Also, being in the dark, I was so blinded to my own sins and wrong doings.  I am just so thankful now that I have asked God into my life and for His light to shine in heart, soul, mind and body.  I praise Him for taking me out of the darkness and into the light.  Being in His glorious light, I now know where I am, where I am striving for, who is right there with me, and just How good He is.  

I pray that we all stay in the light, and let the light of Christ shine through us and into this dark, dark world.  Let us always remember that the light will always conquer the darkness if we let it shine in our lives and in the world.  

Father above, we thank you for the gift of this day.  Lord we praise you for being the light in our lives and the light in this dark world.  Lord, we pray that your light may shine through us so that we may be powerful witnesses for you and your glory.  Lord, we thank you and praise you for our lives and all that you continue to bless us with.  Lord may we live our lives only for you and you alone.  We ask this all through Christ our Lord.  Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Lighthouse Catholic Media CD of the Month Club

CDMC